There was an assumption then, that I know what Qt is,
and therefore should have understood the mention.

Frankly, as far as I can tell, from the messages posted,
Qt is part of the LyX product.

I am not a developer of your tool, so would not, and should
not be expected to, know how it is built, nor of what it is
built,  nor of the external sources of some components.

Simply state so clearly, as done below, and all will be
well understood.

Don't just mention a component, as if newbies have any
idea what you are talking about.

Be clear in your exposition, and maybe misunderstandings
will be avoided.

Heck, I'm lucky to know about wxWidgets, and this only
because of the cellular automata tool called Golly - a Game
of Life simulator - uses it for Windows portability - otherwise,
it is a solid *nix tool.

Never assume that I know what you are talking about.

Give full and complete information.  That is what you expect
to obtain from those who seek assistance with your product.
Give the same as you expect.

wrb