To: "LyX Users List" <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 10:53 AM
Subject: Re: MiKTeX Problem Report: Permission denied

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 7:34 AM, Ed Sykes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
hi,

 i'm new to LyX and am hoping someone can assist on a problem I'm having.
On a fairly regular basis when I select the "dvi" button or the "div update"
 button Yap crashes and gives the message:
 "MiKTeX Problem Report:
 Permission denied: C:\TEMP\lyx_tmpdir280a01160\lyx_tmpbuf1\my_file.dvi"

 I recently updated MikTeX and am running the latest version of LyX on
 Windows XP Professional.

 Any suggestions are deeply appreciated !!!!

 Thanks so much,

 Cheers,
 Ed Sykes
 Sheridan College,
 Canada

I'm sure one of the developers or more informed users will give a
reason why this is happening. It seems to me that you don't have
permissions to the folder or something similar.

You can change this temp folder under
Tools->Preferences->Paths->Temporary directory. Maybe to a folder you
*know* you have permissions to. For instance mine by default is set
to:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp\

Windows seems to show strange behavior sometimes for no apparent reason.

Cheers,
/Bob