On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 9:23 AM, Charlse Darwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  In Lyx->Preference->Paths->PATH prefix I have
> >/usr/texbin:/usr/local/gwTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current:/usr/local/gwTeX/bin/i386-apple-darwin-current:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/i386-apple-darwin-current:/sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/opt/local/teTeX/bin:/opt/local/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin

That's the problem then. You need to add the path to your paths :-}.
So that LyX knows where all your LaTeX stuff is.

This is what the LyX wiki says, http://wiki.lyx.org/Mac/Mac:

To use other implementations of teTeX which do not install the
binaries in /usr/texbin,
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current, /sw/bin,
/opt/local/teTeX/bin, or /usr/local/bin, either link the teTeX
binaries to one of those directories, or add the PATH of your teTeX
binaries to the PATH prefix field in LyX -> Preferences -> Paths.

I'm not exactly positive what path you need to add which would
correspond to the teTeX binaries. I would just do a trial and error.
First, just add /opt/local/share and then Reconfigure LyX and see if
Document-Settings->Document Class has changed to "available". Bennett
is the Mac expert but he hasn't responded yet. I'm sure he would have
a more sophisticated approach.

Cheers,
/Bob