From: Oscar Lopez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
Sent: Monday, April 7, 2008 8:54:04 AM
Subject: multiplatform vector drawing program to use

Dear lyxers

I am starting a document project with a colleague using lyx. The goal is to
obtain a big document of a technical course. My colleague uses the windows
version of lyx and I use the linux version. At this initial stage we can easily
share simple documents.  Now we are concerned with the use of a common vector
drawing program that can be used at both platforms. The main feature that we
require is that the vector drawing program can annotate drawings with latex math
formulae. I am quite satisfied with the current support of xfig at lyx using
external material. However, as far as I know, xfig only runs at linux machines
therefore we are looking for an alternative program. Could anybody care to give
us some recommendation? Any advice related to other aspects of such a project
are also welcome.

Thank you very much for all your help
Best regards

Access, No Cost.