On Apr 9, 2008, at 1:19 PM, Manveru wrote:

My penny to the well...

At first sight http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/ has professional feeling, but maybe little to heavy. I like http://www.python.org/ because I always find this page useful. http://www.inkscape.org has simple structure, but is good looking. Very professional was http://www.drupal.org, which contains lot of
stuff, hardly using own Drupal mechanisms.
Because the content of www.lyx.org is similar to that presented on
inkscape.org and other information are on wiki, I think Lyx should have very good looking design of its main page, not necessairly full of stuff. It is worth, because Lyx itself is advanced application, but poorly presented on
its web page.