Hello all,

I've been using LyX for about a year now and wanted to share a couple
ideas of things that have irritated me that could be improved.

1. Is there a trick to match "" quotes in a search-replace operation?
I've tried both "" and ``'' The latter of which is the result of copying
the quotes from inside the document into the search box. Seems that ""
should match the `` '' quotes in the document.

2. Word count could use some improvement:
a. Have new GUI which allows you to control the word-count. This would
include options for including the words in "notes" or not, or to count
the words in the whole master document, or just the current document.

I'm using 1.5.2 on Ubuntu (Gutsy)

Thanks to all the developers for LyX, and the mailing list members for
giving me a hand when I've needed it.

FYI I believe I am the first at Simon Fraser University to use LyX for
my thesis, I hope not the last!

B. Bogart