Hi all,

Thanks for your answers.
Maybe I should have explained that I have mounted the samba share
manually on my machine, and just accessing it through lyx (which sees
it as normal folders then).

Steve:
>Try making a subdirectory several deep, INSIDE /home/xxx/Papers, and see if
>you can navigate that within LyX. Also, whatever you navigated in LyX to
>produce this problem, try it from Windows Explorer (they still have Windows
>Explorer, don't they?) and see if anything funky happens there.
Interestingly, subdirectories seem to work ok. I have no problem using
the file browser to access either of the documents.

Jürgen:
Thanks a lot, I do hope it is the same problem, and I will try
installing lyx 1.5.5 as soon as I have a minute.

Daniel:
I guess the precision above answered your questions, if not, let me know!

Regards,
Mélanie