Thanks for the reply,

On Tuesday 13 May 2008 10:52 +0200, G. Milde wrote:

> The best choice (for Inkskape) should be SVG. LyX can be set to support it
> directly (search for SVG on wiki.lyx.org).
>
> > Here is a sample of export formats offered by Designer: AI, PSD, DXF,
> > MGX, PLT, IGS, PPF, PNG, SCT, EMF (not to mention WMF).
>
> Have a look which of these Inkskape supports (do not use the bitmap
> formats as PNG) and try how it works. OOdraw should also support WMF.
>
> If OOdraw has a command line option to convert WMF to PFD or EPS, you
> could even make LyX aware of the WMF format (search for SVG on
> wiki.lyx.org as an template on how to configure LyX for WMF).

What puzzles me is that if I open, say, a WMF in OODraw, I get a whole
block which cannot be separated into its individual components. (Not a
LyX issue, however.)

> > These graphics will appear in documents for printing and pdf output.
>
> If you use pdflatex, preferabely save the drawings as pdf (but LyX can
> be told to convert eps to pdf as well).
> If you use latex+dvips+ps2pdf, save them as eps (but LyX can be told to
> convert to eps as well).

I'm feeling ignorant here: I don't see where to adjust these choices
(hence, which one LyX selected by default for me)...

--

Daniel CLEMENT