nicolas roy a écrit :

I turned to powerdot instead, and have generally found it to be very satisfactory. I think it is a standard class with LyX 1.5.1, and Ubuntu 7.10 should have a new enough version of texlive for everything to work (when I started with powerdot all my systems had tetex, which does not have recent enough versions of several LaTeX packages for powerdot). The only caveat with powerdot is you have to remember to generate the PDF output using ps2pdf, not pdflatex.

Dear Les,

I was about to try powerdot, but in my lyx, in the list of document classes, "presentation (powerdot)" appears with a "unavailable" (indisponible in french) before. BAd sign :-(
But powerdot seems to be in my latex tree.

What to do !?

nico

More precisely, when i force the programm to choose the document class powerdot, i have an alert :

the layout file requested by this document
powerdot.layout
is not usable. This is probably because a Latex class or style file required by it is not available.

nicolas

--
Dr Nicolas Roy
Geometric Analysis Group