On Thursday 15 May 2008, nicolas roy wrote:
> BUT : if i export in ps, and the by hand use ps2pdf, then it works ! I
> guess thus, that the problem comes from the command dvipdfm that lyx
> seems to use.
> How can i change it ?
> Notice than, with beamer, using "export ps" and by hand "ps2pdf" solve
> partially the problem. The slides are nice, but they have a very small
> size embedded in a A4 page. I mean :
> http://www.mathematik.hu-berlin.de/~roy/beamer.pdf
> Is there an option that could solve this size issue ?

The standard LyX installation usually has three ways of exporting to PDF:
PDF(dvipdfm), PDF(pdflatex) and PDF(ps2pdf).  You access all of them from the
File->Export menu.  The PDF icon (at least on my 1.5.4 installation) uses the
PDF(pdflatex) converter, which certainly does not work with powerdot and
probably not with beamer (I haven't tried it).

Powerdot (and probably beamer) uses the pstricks package which means the
conversion has to go through postscript, so dvipdfm, which goes directly from
DVI to PDF, and pdflatex, which goes directly from LaTeX to PDF, do not work
properly.

If you use the PDF(ps2pdf) export (or viewer) it should work properly.  The
page format problem is probably due to something lacking in the class options
or in the preamble.  Have you tried the example, powerdot-example.lyx?

--
Les