On Thursday 15 May 2008, Nathan Miller wrote:
> I'm checking whether the fonts are embedded using Acrobat (properties) and
> pdffonts. There are a scary number of fonts (~100) and most are not
> embedded.

In my experience most non-embedded fonts with LyX documents come from figures
in the document in Postscript/EPS or PDF format.  If the application which
generated these figures did not embed the fonts, and they differ from those
your LyX document uses, they will show up in the PDF document as not
embedded.  The solution is to fix the original figure, or, if you can't do
that, convert it to a raster image at a suitable resolution for the final
document.

--
Les