On Tue, 20 May 2008 09:35:35 +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"Marwan Boustany" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Finally, I may need to refer to up to three pictures in one paragraph,
hence the need for the captions.

I this case you might want to reconsider the placement on a separate
page. By placing some images that fit together on a page, you will
give some flexibility for the others.

Another possibility (when figures are not too large) is to put several
or them in the same float (with several captions), so that they stay
together.

JMarc

I understand, but one thing I noticed when allowing them to go on another page is that in the place where the figures used to be there is a gap in the text... this along with figures appearing in the wrong order, and appearing in the middle of my chapter conclusion...

--
Peace