We were in the process of moving some documentation from being
maintained by open office over to lyx.

The process started and all was going well, then the computers being
used for the task were upgraded and now in place of writer2latex 0.4b,
writer2latex0.5 is the tool used by open office.

Lyx can import the latex output by 0.4b quite well, but stumbles
completely at the new output produced by version 0.5.

I would hate abort the process of migrating the documentation in
question to Lyx as some sub documents have already been edited in lyx
with very satisfactory results.

Does anyone know a solution to converting open office documents to latex
that lyx can read given that writer2latex 0.5 creates such problems for
lyx?