> On 11 Jun 2008, G. Milde wrote:
> It still doesn't work here. That is, the tilde comes out before the
> letter, not on top of it.
>
> But I think this is something to do with the current version of Latex,
> not Lyx, because the same thing is now happening in native Latex as
> well.
>
> Looks like I shall have to give up trying to write Greek in Lyx and
> Latex for the time being, unless someone fixes it. This is on Debian
> Sid.  I haven't tried in my rather ancient version of Ubuntu.

thats strange, i can typeset Guenter's example file without problems.
and without any polutonikogreek etc. just greek language and utf8x
input encoding is enough.

thing which indeed seems to be broken in lyx is direct typing of these accented
characters into the document. but once you put the character via clipboard or
symbols dialog in 1.6 i see no problem. both screen and postscipt result are
just fine.

i will raise that input-typing issue on devel list soon.
pavel