On 18.06.08, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
> G. Milde wrote:

>>> Svg support is not new, it is brought by the QtSvg4 library. AFAIK,
>>> we  don't link with this library.
>>> But maybe you're right that something has changed in Qt4.4 and that svg
>>> is automatically loaded with QtGui. This needs more investigation...
>> So it might rather be the LyX 1.5.x > 1.5.5 upgrade that introduced the
>> "native" svg display.
> Conclusion: this is a change in Qt4.4 that svg files are loaded directly
> without the need to link to QtSvg!

Well, the debug message says

  The image loader can load the following directly:
  bmp, gif, ico, jpeg, jpg, mng, pbm, pgm, png, ppm, svg, tif, tiff, xbm, xpm,
  Of these, LyX recognises the following formats:
  bmp, gif, jpg, jpg, pbm, pgm, png, ppm, svg, tiff, xbm, xpm

Does Qt image loader really find automatically which of the supported
formats are also recognised by LyX or is there some place in the lyx code
where this list is hard-coded?

>>> With the external inset, you can define a conversion method for
>>> latex.

LaTeX output is OK (with the right the conversion methods defined under
Tools>Settings>Konverters)

The problem is display in LyX.

> If you choose the RasterImage template, the external inset provides the
> same functionality as the graphics inset. I agree this duplication of
> feature is very confusing and we should aim at merging the two inset
> somewhat. The advantage of the external inset is that, if you create a
> new template, you can play with how the transformation needed for latex
> export.

Can you also play with the transformation before the display in LyX to
override the "as-is" rendering of an SVG file?

Does the RasterImage template work for vector images as well (despite its
name) or will the image be transformed to a bitmap?

Günter