On 17.06.08, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
> G. Milde wrote:
>> On 16.06.08, TP wrote:

>> of course the --export-area-drawing option can not have any effect if
>> there is no export!

> Right.

>> My guess is, that svg support in the image loader is new in QT 4.4 and
>> hence this option worked with QT < 4.4.

> Svg support is not new, it is brought by the QtSvg4 library. AFAIK, we
> don't link with this library. My guess is that your distribution (or
> you?) explicitely link to it.

> But maybe you're right that something has changed in Qt4.4 and that svg
> is automatically loaded with QtGui. This needs more investigation...

So it might rather be the LyX 1.5.x > 1.5.5 upgrade that introduced the
"native" svg display.

I have 1.5.5 from the Debian/testing binary package, so I did not link to
QtSvg4 but cannot speak for my distribution.

>> It seems like you really have to save your svg clipped to the right size.

> With the external inset, you can define a conversion method for latex.

AFAIK, the external inset has no preview, so I can just as good use the
graphics inset and turn of the display in LyX.
(Did this change recently?)

> As far as LyX-1.6 previewing is concerned, you can make use of the scale
> screen option.

I can also scale in 1.5, however this is different from clipping to the
bounding box.

Günter