On Wednesday 23 July 2008 00:19:09 Pavel Sanda wrote:
> by 'outside' i mean tweakings which i regularly do and watching users list
> power users do that too _and_ are happy about the current simplicity of
> format.
>
> tweaks like assembling of the whole file for various datasets, global
> changes of things (cf notes-mutate lfun i introduced lately), conversions
> and so on.

This works well for simple things but breaks badly when you try something a
bit more complex.

> while you are right that xml could be better technology for internal
> lyx parsing (and i can understand your viewpoint as lyx2lyx fan:)
> this was not my mail about.
>
> > It is funny to see all this nostalgia around something that is/was a
> > nightmare.
>
> it has nothing to do with nostalgia, but speed of hacking around.

Not when the resulting file crashes lyx, something that should not ever happen
but that it does now. First make it correct and then make it fast.

XML will not change the current status.

grep '<style name="Section"' somefile.lyx

will still work and it not so different from what we have now. You need the ''
already if you have spaces in your expression...

--
José Abílio