On Wed, 23 Jul 2008, Steve Litt wrote:

As a sed/awk/perl/ruby parser, I appreciate that very much.

The more I think about it, the more I think I should make the XML->YAML and YAML->XML converters. That way, if future generations of LyX project programmers forget why it's important to space their XML "just so", it won't matter. Also, I have a feeling that YAML will be much easier to parse than either 1.5.x or XML.

At first I'll do them in Ruby because Ruby has all that stuff built in and easy to do.

Did you see José's post about how the lyx2lyx stuff is really inside a Python lib (module)? You'd probably only need a different kind of wrapper that calls this module, instead of reinventing everything in Ruby.

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström, +46-8-768 39 44            http://www.md.kth.se/~chr