On Friday 25 July 2008 06:28, Sebastian Rohrer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a relatively large lyx document that does not compile. The error
> message is:
>
> "Some characters of your document are probably not representable in the
> chosen encoding. Changing the document encoding to utf8 could help."
>
> The problem is most likely caused by some characters that I forgot to
> change after pasting from OOwriter. Is there any way to find those
> characters? It is very tedious by eye...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sebastian

If you can list all the allowable characters including carriage return and/or
linefeed, then you (or a friend like me) could write a C program to read each
character, test it for inclusion in that set, and report on any characters
(character ascii/unicode value and position in the file) that aren't in the
set.

I know nothing about unicode, so I'd need to be brought up to speed on that
before writing the program. I assume unicode is a 16 bit representation of
characters.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package