On Wednesday 30 July 2008 08:21, killermike wrote:
> The original question that starts is poorly conceived but this Slashdot
> thread brings up quite a lot of references to LyX in the comments.
>
> http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/07/29/0039201

Having read most of the responses, they can all be summed up thusly:

LaTeX (and LyX) is a committment. If you put a lot into it, you get a lot out
of it. If you put very little into it, you get less than zero out of it.
LaTeX (and LyX) isn't for everyone. IMHO if you're only going to write one
book, it's not worth learning LaTeX or LyX. For me, the payoff has come over
multiple books.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package