rgheck wrote:
nisa wrote:
how math editor is implemented in lyx?
how does it automatically format text? pls tell the technical aspects of it in the coding part etc ....

Why would you think this was simple enough to be explained in an email message?

Now that part is complicated! You can see it here: http://www.lyx.org/trac/browser/lyx-devel/trunk/src/mathed. Not many of us developers even understand it, though. Andre Poenitz is the master....

I just browsed a bit of it, and it doesn't look all that hard. Basically a polymorphic model/view system where each sort of math object knows how to render itself, which is what I'd expect. That's a standard idiom - it's the main example in the original Gang of Four _Design Patterns_ book, after all.

I'd think someone with decent C++ knowledge and a reasonable grasp of software design could figure the architecture out with a little browsing through the code and perhaps following a few examples through the debugger. (Which is not to say anything against any of the LyX developers - I don't see why anyone would do that unless they need to know how it works. I'm sure all of you *could* if you felt the need.)

Or am I missing something? I only read through four or five source files.

--
Michael Wojcik
Micro Focus