Steve Burton wrote:
Hi,

I've  just spent an afternoon and evening failing to add a language to
listings. This is what I have:

Lyx 1.5.6 with MiKTeX 2.7 running on Windows XP.

I   have  written  a  language  definition  to  highlight  Cisco  IOS
configurations and :-

put   it   in   a   file   lstlang0.sty  in  C:\Program  Files\MiKTeX
2.7\tex\latex\listings,  refreshed  the FNDB and formats in MiKTeX and
reconfigured Lyx. It doesn't appear in the language drop down.

Added  the definition to an existing .sty refreshed and reconfigured -
same result.

Moved  the  files  in  the  listing directory above to somewhere else.
Refreshed and reconfigured and Lyx put them back! Same result.

I  have read the listing documentation, searched the Lyx users archive
and googled extensively but I'm no further forward.

I  realize  that  I've  done  wrong and that I'm probably stupid but I
can't trigger as much as an error message.

Any  help  or  pointers  would  be  appreciated  before  my  mind goes
completely.

I don't know anything about listings, so I probably won't be terribly helpful. But the first thing I'd suggest, with this and similar problems, is that you try to get it working just with LaTeX. That takes any LyX issues out of the mix, at least. If it's not working with LaTeX, then at least you know it's a configuration issue there.

rh

Steve.