On 19 Aug 2008, at 10:59, John McCabe-Dansted wrote:

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 5:31 PM, Graham Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 19 Aug 2008, at 09:16, José Matos wrote:
The error message suggests that the culprit is a different version
installed of Koma between your different systems.
<snip>
Thanks, this could well be the case,
<snip>

I think bundling the KomaScript .sty file with the .lyx file may help
if this is the case.

However, I realise I don't actually know how to find out the versions, or indeed even where the packages are installed on the different systems. I
will need to find out.

This should be listed in your log file. This can be viewed e.g. by the
menu item Document > LaTeX Log. However LyX does not allow searching
so you can't just do a find ".sty" to get this information unless you
dig around in /tmp/lyx_tmdir?????? and open the .log file in a real
text editor/viewer.

Thanks it would seem that it is 2.95b on the Mac and 2.98 on Windows.

Assuming that is indeed the problem.

I'm not sure why editing directly in Windows isn't working

Graham