Thank you to Zan and Bob for very quick replies! They haven't shown up
directly on the forum - is this usual?

I have managed to solve the captalisation problem with curly brackets in
Jabref, so thanks for that tip! I guess I might get away with the lack of
emphasis for the volume no., as it's such a small detail.

I shall make another request for help to see if anyone knows a way around
the natbib/apacite incompatibility problem.

Thanks again