Schacherer, Christian wrote:

I have currently downloaded LyX 1.5.6 and it works very well. But I
can't find my personal dictionary for export to my notebook. Have you
any idea to synchronize my dictionaries or were I can find my personal
dictionary of LyX. Thank you in advance.

This may depend on which OS you use and which spelling checker you use. (On Windows the spelling checker is Aspell, but on Linux you get a choice.)

Look first in Tools -> Preferences... -> Language Settings -> Spellchecker and see if the path to the personal dictionary is set there. If not, and if you are using Aspell, you are looking for a file named XX.pws, where XX is the ISO two-letter code for the language you use (e.g., en.pws if you write in English). On Windows, there are a few possible hiding places for this file, starting with the location where Aspell is installed (if you have the full program installed) and including ~\Application Data\Aspell where ~ is your "home" directory (usually C:\Documents and Settings\<you>\) or, if Aspell is installed "for everybody", C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Aspell.

/Paul