On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 20:55:24 +0200
Joost Verburg
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> TheOldFellow wrote:
> > How do I set the spellchecker to English-English (i.e. as written in
> > England) instead of American-English?
>
> You should set the document language to British.
>
> Joost

Thanks.

However, that is really appalling.  My language is called English.  I
will just about stand up for English(UK), but British, never.  What
about Gallic, Cornish and Welsh - three completely different British
languages?

I have decided to call Dutch, Netherlandian from now on.

How do I make a formal objection to the project authorities, who I
assume are from South-but-not-as-far-as-Mexico-North-America?  You
know, the people who speak Usaian.   You can't go around calling
people's languages whatever you like you know.  They get very angry.

The best solution is to call the menu item 'Spelling' rather than
'Language' - then British is an appropriate choice.

R.