On Monday 13 October 2008 04:23:06 pm TheOldFellow wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 20:55:24 +0200
> Joost Verburg
>
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > TheOldFellow wrote:
> > > How do I set the spellchecker to English-English (i.e. as written in
> > > England) instead of American-English?
> >
> > You should set the document language to British.
> >
> > Joost
>
> Thanks.
>
> However, that is really appalling.  My language is called English.  I
> will just about stand up for English(UK), but British, never.  What
> about Gallic, Cornish and Welsh - three completely different British
> languages?
>
> I have decided to call Dutch, Netherlandian from now on.
>
> How do I make a formal objection to the project authorities, who I
> assume are from South-but-not-as-far-as-Mexico-North-America?  You
> know, the people who speak Usaian.   You can't go around calling
> people's languages whatever you like you know.  They get very angry.
>
> The best solution is to call the menu item 'Spelling' rather than
> 'Language' - then British is an appropriate choice.
>
> R.

Yeah! While we're making formal objections to a project whose list we first
posted to today, I post the following formal objections:

* Make the tan background white so as to not clash with room decoration
* The appalling printer icon should look more like a printer
* The noun font icon should be female

S.