Am 21.10.2008 um 16:10 schrieb Uwe Stöhr:
menu Tools->Settings->file formats
Am 21.10.2008 um 16:17 schrieb Konrad Hofbauer:
you can change in LyX -> Preferences -> File Formats -> PDF (...) - > Viewer.

Thanks, it works finally. But for someone else who also might want to change the pdf viewer I add: it it not sufficient to give in the path to the application package but to the application EXECutable itself, at least on Mac-OSX, in my case:

/Applications/Skim.app/Contents/MacOS/Skim

Konrad wrote further
P.S. Please do not hijack threads by replying to old messages with a new question. Start a new thread for new questions.

Sorry, I was not aware of it, now I remember again that it is not enough to to erase content and change subject, but not to "answer" on a received mail from the list.
--
MacTeX - TeXLive 2007 - TeXShop 2.14-svn (2.14)
und auch ggf. LyX/Mac 1.5.6 auf MacBook Pro mit OSX 10.4.11 Tiger