muzzle wrote:
On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Konrad Hofbauer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
muzzle wrote:
Well, I do have several options in the menu, but I would like to
change the default for the toolbar button, is it possible?
Not with the GUI, I believe.

It should be possible by creating your own *.ui files.
Look at what is in /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/ui/, create your
own set of *.ui and *.inc files, put them in your user-directory and select
them in the Preferences.

Hi,
sorry for the late resurrection of the thread
I tried to work on this, failed, left the problem aside. This morning
I tried again but with no luck yet

I copied the content of the ui directory inside .lyx/ui as you
suggested and tried to modify the menus.
The relevant lines seem to be:

                Item "View PDF (pdflatex)" "buffer-view pdf2"
                Item "Update PDF (pdflatex)" "buffer-update pdf2"

in but stdtoolbars.inc, I tried to change it but I made lyx crash, I
could not guess how to get it to use dvipdfm. I suppose I could copy
the code from the entry in the File menu, but I could not find it.

Do you have any idea how to solve this?

Don't have time to try right now, but look what in Preferences->File Formats the shortname of PDF (dvipdfm) is (it is pdf3 by default), and use that instead of pdf2 in the ui files.

You should only need to change in stdtoolbars.inc
                Item "View PDF (pdflatex)" "buffer-view pdf2"
                Item "Update PDF (pdflatex)" "buffer-update pdf2"
by
                Item "View PDF (pdflatex)" "buffer-view pdf3"
                Item "Update PDF (pdflatex)" "buffer-update pdf3"
.

You can FIRST try to directly change the files in the LyX.app, and if that works, migrate the changed files into the user-dir and restore the original LyX.app (otherwise you will loose them again with the next update)

/Konrad