That's a LaTeX error. Something is odd with the way you're putting in your equations. I often find it useful to export the LyX document as LaTeX and then see where the error comes from there. You can also click on the error message in list and see the line in the original LyX document that causes the problem. Either way should give you some insight into the problem.