Erez Yerushalmi wrote:
Dear All,

I have been working on a document for a long time. I regularly pdf it.

I didn't do anything to it, and now suddenly screams

This happens on the first line of the document, with line as "standard"

I'm using lyx 1.5.5 , xp.

See below the error...

It complies 1 run, and then 2nd run, and then gets stuck...

Are you using a BibTeX database to add citations? The fact that this occurs during or after the second pass rather than the first suggests that something is being added belatedly (like the bibliography) that produces the error. You said you didn't do anything to the document; might you (or someone else) have edited the BibTeX file?

/Paul