Hi everybody.

I just had compiz (my Linux window manager) crash and subsequently I
lost about an hours work in lyx. When I restarted lyx (1.5.6 - under
ubuntu intrepid ibex) it asked some questions (I think about the file
already being open or something), and I foolishly said "no". I now have
the old version of the file, and was wondering how the auto-save feature
works.

In the preferences I have selected the check-box for Backup documents
(in Look and Feel => User Interface => Documents), and the period set to
"every 5 minutes". Maximum last files is 16.

I found some files in $HOME/.lyx/backup, but the relevant file there
hasn't been touched since yesterday. There was a myfile.lyx.emergency
file in the directory, but it was empty (zero size). Can someone tell me
if these backup files may still exist somewhere, and if so, where? Or
have I obliterated them by saying "no" to those questions.

Thanks,
        Cameron.