On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 08:01:10AM +0800, Waluyo Adi Siswanto wrote:

Hi,

> I installed 1.6.0 in Ubuntu 8.04, but I cannot view pdf the
> documentations "UserGuide" and "EmbeddedObjects". Lyx List error window
> will pop up with no information at all in Errors box nor Description
> box.
>
> There is an information in "EmbeddedObjects" that I must install
> arydshln, colortbl, marginnote, and sidecap. I think I did that as there
> is no problem in 1.5.5 (still running) and I can open all documentations
> 1.5.5.

We also got a report for this issue in the Debian BTS.

I can reproduce the problem with the empty error box in case of missing
latex packages which should not happen. When I install the missing
texlive-latex-extra package (this is another issue tracked in
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=499629) I've no further
problems but Per and the bugreporter still have the problem that the
document is generated but not opened.

Sven
--
If God passed a mic to me to speak