Richard Heck wrote:
Frank Grimm wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for a way to insert (pre-formatted) text into a LyX document using a keyboard shortcut.

For example, I'd like to insert "i.e." when pressing a certain key combination. I tried to use the LyX function "self-insert" with the argument "i.e.", but with LyX 1.6 I only got the error message: "Can not insert shortcut to the list".

That's a bug. I'm getting that message pretty much no matter what I try to do.

OK, the problem is that self-insert cannot be added to the list as a function. There's a reason for this, namely, that you don't really want to see the bindings for normal keys in that list, e.g.:
   \bind "2" "self-insert"
The solution is to use this instead:
   command-sequence self-insert i.e.
for the simple case.