Richard, thanks for your reply!

On 24/11/2008 16:20, Richard Heck wrote:

Frank Grimm wrote:
Is there any way to add pre-formatted text to a LyX document? For example, when inserting "i.e." with the shortcut described above, I'd like to set "i.e." in an italic style and with a thin space between the two characters. Is this possible with LyX 1.6?

Yes, it should be. You can do it inside your bind file for now. You'll need to use something like: command-sequence font-emph; self-insert i.e.; font-emph; space-insert normal
Modify as required.

I tried the following command sequence

command-sequence font-ital; self-insert i.e.; font-ital

where I replaced font-emph in your suggestion with font-ital since I don't want the i.e. the be emphasized, but just in italic shape. But when I use the shortcut for this command LyX tells me that the command is disabled. Are there any restrictions for the font-ital command that the font-emph command doesn't have?

Thanks,
Frank