On 23/11/2008 16:26, Michael Wojcik wrote:
In older versions of the Microsoft toolchain, you could just drop the
MSVC DLLs into the same directory as your executable. That's no longer
allowed (I think as of Visual Studio 2005 and Platform SDK 6.0). Now
they have to be installed into the SxS tree.

FYI, unless I'm misunderstanding you, that's not really true, many open source (or not) programs distribute the C and C++ runtime along the executable and the manifest file. We do that for LyX for example. So the old method still stands.

Abdel.