Hello Julio,
i do not know if i've understood your question.
Anyway, probably you can be interested one of this...

First solution:
press CTRL+L entering in ERT mode and then:
\begin{eqnarray}
d &=& a + b, if a>1 \nonumber \\
&=& a-b, if a<1 \nonumber \\
&=&0, if a=1 \nonumber
\end{eqnarray}

Second solution (i think better for you):
press CTRL+L entering in ERT mode and then:
$$ d = \left\{
\begin{array}{rl}  a+b &\mbox{ if a>1} \\
a-b &\mbox{ if a<1} \\
0 &\mbox{ if a=1} \\
\end{array}
\right. $$