Dear all, I'm finishing a paper with the two columned article class. I
have a problem with some equation arrays that are two big for this
format. They span over the other column or over the margins, even with
an smaller font (\scriptstyle). What can I do to solve this problem?
Should I use an even smaller font (\scriptscriptstyle)? How can I
break the line in an equation array and put the right hand of the
array under the first part, but slightly to the right?

The kind of equation array I'm using is conditional:

d= a+b, if a>1
     a-b, if a<1
     0,    if a=1

Hope you can help me.