I'm writing an Algebra textbook and I need to show division of polynomials
(both long division and synthetic division / Horner's method).  I am new to
LyX, and have just kind of been stumbling my way through what I need to know
to get by.  I see there is a cool package on CTAN ("polynom") which would be
cool to use, but I have absolutely no idea how I would use that in LyX.  Is
it even possible?

The description of the polynom package is here:
http://sunsite.utk.edu/ftp/pub/software/CTAN/macros/latex/contrib/polynom/polynom.pdf
http://sunsite.utk.edu/ftp/pub/software/CTAN/macros/latex/contrib/polynom/polynom.pdf

Alternatively, if someone can suggest a simpler way to display long division
of polynomials without installing something extra, that might work, too, but
I kind of want to understand things well enough to know how to install this
package, if that is possible.

Help?

Jeff