Stefano Franchi a écrit :
On Thursday 27 November 2008 10:10:27 am Stefano Franchi wrote:
Has anyone tried to use the French examples of KomaScript letters listed in
the wiki. recently? I am referring, in particular, to

ksl2nf.lyx
ksl2pro.lyx

listed at: http://wiki.lyx.org/Examples/KomaLetter2

when I try to view the pdf file, I get a couple of fatal LaTeX errors:

Class scrlttr2 Info: Letter-Class-Option `NF' loaded on input line 34.
(/home/stefano/temp//NF.lco
File: NF.lco 2007/03/12 v1.0 Third party LaTeX2e KOMA letter-class-option
)
! Undefined control sequence.
l.84 \addto
\extrasfrench{\providecommand{\og}{\leavevmode\flqq~}\providecomm...

I do not understand this error---most likely because I know next to nothing
about this class. But that's exactly why I am trying to use the example....

Help greatly appreciated.

Stefano

Well, it's bad form to reply to one's own messages, but here are further information:

I can get the letter sample to compile if I change the language from French to English in the Document settings. I suppose that's because LyX changes some parameter in the LaTeX preamble it produces that would otherwise conflict with other KomaScript settings. Is my interpretation correct? If so, what should I do if I want to produce letter-templates for other languages in addition to English?

Thanks,

Stefnao
I updated the Lyx KomaScript Letter2 files recently (2008-10-27) to make them compatible with other languages and newer versions of KomaScript. But, of course, you need to set your language in the preamble.
Which Lyx version and which KomaScript version are you using?

--
jmp