Stefano Franchi a écrit :
[...]
Hi Jean-Marie,

thanks for your extremely prompt reply. I am using Lyx 1.6.0 with the version of KomaScript that came with the installation of Kubuntu 8.10. I am not sure which version it is. The class file:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 87668 2008-07-04 03:24 scrlttr2.cls

seems recent, but there are no version information within the file itself.

The problem I am encountering is rather peculiar: with the document language set to French (in the LyX settings), LaTeX does not compile the letter. If I change the setting to English, French, or German (the other languages I am interested in), everything seems to work fine. My rather limited knowledge of LaTex and almost complete ignorance of the scrlttr2 class is preventing me from identifying the source of the error. I can live with this, as my main languages are English and Italian, but I would like to understand what's going on.

Cheers,

Stefano

Hi Stefano,

I don't quite understand what's going on either: it obviously does compile for me in French. If I change the document language to American, it still compiles. In this case, I get "Invoice no." instead of "Numéro de facture" for the ksl2pro example. If I change the document language to German, I get "Rechnungsnummer" which is OK. I looked at the Latex code produced in my french version around the line that produces an error on your installation:

\makeatother

\usepackage{babel}
\addto\extrasfrench{\providecommand{\og}{\leavevmode\flqq~}\providecommand{\fg}{
\ifdim\lastskip>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

\begin{document}

This compiles without problems here and my software version are:

~/Desktop$ latex ksl2pro.tex
This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
entering extended mode
(./ksl2pro.tex
LaTeX2e <2003/12/01>
Babel <v3.8d> and hyphenation patterns for american, french, german, ngerman, b ahasa, basque, bulgarian, catalan, croatian, czech, danish, dutch, esperanto, e stonian, finnish, greek, icelandic, irish, italian, latin, magyar, norsk, polis h, portuges, romanian, russian, serbian, slovak, slovene, spanish, swedish, tur
kish, ukrainian, nohyphenation, loaded.
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/koma-script/scrlttr2.cls
Document Class: scrlttr2 2004/09/16 v2.9t LaTeX2e KOMA document class

I'm no Latex guru either...
Hope this helps
--
jmp