Am 02.12.2008 um 19:36 schrieb Andre Poenitz:

That's the correct console. Now you just need to find the LyX binary.

If you are already in the right directory, use ./lyx  to start it.

Sorry, Andre and others who know it,

I tried out (with ... --version) all directories that in my opinien and searching could have that what you call the "LyX binary", but always the same response:

-bash: ./lyx: No such file or directory
or:  lyx: No such file or directory

I even tried the same with Lyx ... and ./LyX ...

- with the same result.

Can you tell me where on your platform or normally the "LyX binary" resides? What's the exact file name of it (so that I can search for it)?

Goutgaun! joachim
--
MacTeXLive 2008 - TeXShop 2.18-svn - LyX 1.6
MacBook Pro OSX 10.4.11 Tiger