[cc:ing to lyx-devel]

"James C. Sutherland" <james.sutherl...@utah.edu> writes:
> Okay, I think that I found the problem: I am missing the "xargs"
> package.  The exported LaTeX file actually had a line:
>       \usepackage{xargs}[2008/03/08]
> which I discarded.  This is presumably where the "\newcommandx" tag is
> defined.  The problem is that when I run LaTeX on the file, I get an
> error:
>       "File 'xargs.sty' not found"
> The LyX file compiles fine, so I must have this file installed, but I
> cannot seem to find where.  I have attached the actual .tex file that
> LyX produces.  Is anyone else able to compile this?

I think it was an error to rely on such a new package to provide this
functionality. The example document is clearly a case that can be
handled by a plain \newcommand statement.

Could LyX be smarter in the kind of code it exports and only use weird
packages when really needed?

Stefan, are you here?

JMarc