Hi,

I have just upgraded from 1.5.3 (lyx has evolved so rapidly lately that I have
not been able to keep up, good show everyone!). All in all I love lyx 1.6.1 as
I have loved every release of lyx, however there are a couple of things that I
am not loving as much :).

First of all 90% of my work in lyx is using beamer, and I know this isn't the
main focus for lyx, however it realy shines with beamer and I just could not
keep up with my lectures without it, so here it goes.

1. I not able to use the keyboard to select a box or an ERT. If you use
shift+crtl+right-/left-arrow and release shift+ctrl the box/ert is no longer
selected.

2. I think I understand the rationale that when one continue to add options the
problem of how to present the options grow. This imples that some thing get
more difficult to do. And as I use beamer I use some of the more esoteric
options more often than other people do. Typically a presentation consists of
30-40 slides, each slide contains 2-3 boxes and between each box there is a
horisontal-fill. Inserting a horisontal fill have increased from 3 mouse clicks
to 6 mouse clicks. And changing the size of a box has changed from 3 to 4
clicks is adds up.

I guess the horisontal-fill problem could be fixed by me adding a
horisontal-fill button to the toolbar. And the box setting problem could been
aliviated if there had been an option to "use these settings as default" like
we have in the document settings, usually  have all boxes at 33% or 50%
depending on the document.

Any thoughts? Is there a better way to reduce the number of mouse clicks?

Would it be possible to add a change default button to box settings and maybe
graphics setting also?

Ingar