> What is needed for collaborative document authoring in the Real World
> (such as companies) is:

You are talking about one part of the world...

> - a built-in subversion client (already available)
> - diffing of two versions from the subverion repository with output
> _within_ _LyX_ using the "change tracking" display style, with
> per-modification accept/reject functionality.
Yes, checking in and out from svn or even from other forms of version
controll (sql database, wiki, emacs or what ever) and getting the
difference in the document = really great

But manually choosing a document to diff against = really great
feature that is also needed!

> I've been authoring technical documents for twenty years now and
> that this functionality is an absolute "must" für efficient
> collaborative document authoring was perfectly obvious to me from the
> very first day when I saw what revision control systems are and how
> they are used by software developers.

I hear that you have not written buissnes contracts, commenting
student papers, etc. Not all writers are friends and sometimes you
really need to have only one copy that is sent back and forth.