Helge Hafting schreef:
Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:

I think this should hold for FullyLyX too. You should be able to use LyX without any Latex and/or Image conversion applications. Of course some export functions don't work and some images can't be converted, but plain text, etc. should work.

I believe LyX already do that. No latex means you can export plain text, and possibly docbook if docbook support software is installed. Plain text export is handled by Lyx itself, so no need for supporting software.

Then I don't understand what the difference between LyghtLyX and LyX is.

Reading your other post:
> It may also be useful on computers too small for latex
> Lyx-light will be much easier to install because latex and other large packages of supporting software is omitted.

The only difference I see is an installer that does not ask whether you would like to install the other packages/software ?

Vincent