On Sun, 8 Feb 2009, Doug Laidlaw engaged keyboard and shared this with us all:
>--} That isn't what is in the drop-down spelling config.  I can have
> "English" --} or "Canadian".  If I choose English, I get U.S. spellings,
> and British is --} flagged as errors.  That is certainly not enough.
>  Perhaps aspell can be --} influenced by my Locale settings, but LyX blocks
> that.  Certainly I can have --} British spellings elsewhere.
>--}
>--} Doug.
>--}

I use aspell in Linux Debian Lenny, but have only the British word lists
installed. Maybe that makes a difference?

Charlie
--
Registered Linux User:- 329524
Everywhere you look The mountains are covered With mist and blooming cherry

Debian, just the best way to create magic