You should note that there are approximately six versions of en-gb, at
least one of which approximates Australian standard use. Better
results could be had he you lobbied Macquarie Dictionary for an aspell
en-au

On 2/19/09, Doug Laidlaw <laidl...@hotkey.net.au> wrote:
> Further to this, I installed Version 1.6.1 from the tarball.  I can select
> British English now.  I don't usually complain about a version earlier than
> the current one, but this did seem to be an aspell problem.  Fauir enough
> about there not being a separate dictionary for Australian.  British is
> close
> enough.
>
> Bewdy, mate!
>
> Doug.
>
> On Monday 09 February 2009 11:13:29 am Doug Laidlaw wrote:
>> Not wrong.  Different.  My eyes are not deceiving me; neither are yours.
>>
>> Because Mandriva won't configure to use DVIs, it clearly has other
>> problems. So I tried in SimplyMepis.  The version is newer, but the
>> language selection is identical.
>>
>> In the circumstances, it is useless taking the point any further.
>>
>> Doug.

>> > Wrong. Using aspell and having the relevant dictionaries installed, I
>> > see in LyX 1.6.1, Document Settings-> Language
>> >
>> > English
>> > English (Canada)
>> > English (UK)
>> > English (USA)
>> > (the first accpets both UK and US spelling).
>> >
>> > In LyX 1.5.7, these are called:
>> > American
>> > British
>> > Canadian
>> > English

>> > Yes, make sure your aspell installation is alright.
>> >
>> > /Konrad

I will give you Tacos, such Tacos as you have never seen.
Oh-one-one-eight-nine-nine-nine Eight-eight-one-nine-nine,
nine-one-ONE-nine-seven-two-fi~ve. Three