I have a multi-file document (about 10 child documents), and I was
wondering if there is any way to generate an output document that
highlights the changes made. I know about the excellent "track changes"
feature, but I was not enabled when I made the changes.

I'm using version control, so I can generate a diff of the raw lyx file,
and I can diff the generated pdfs, but neither of these yield a
particularly legible output.

I just tried turning on "track changes", then pasting the new version
over the old one, but the change tracking then accurately highlights
that I deleted the entire old version, and created a new one, rather
than doing a diff-type comparison.

I'm trying to do this so my PhD supervisor does have to read the entire
230-page document again to examine the changes I've made.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
        Cameron.