Cameron Stone wrote:
I have a multi-file document (about 10 child documents), and I was
wondering if there is any way to generate an output document that
highlights the changes made. I know about the excellent "track changes"
feature, but I was not enabled when I made the changes.

I'm using version control, so I can generate a diff of the raw lyx file,
and I can diff the generated pdfs, but neither of these yield a
particularly legible output.

I just tried turning on "track changes", then pasting the new version
over the old one, but the change tracking then accurately highlights
that I deleted the entire old version, and created a new one, rather
than doing a diff-type comparison.

I'm trying to do this so my PhD supervisor does have to read the entire
230-page document again to examine the changes I've made.

Any suggestions?

Unfortunately, no. This feature is often requested, but no-one has found the time to implement it. It's not at all trivial.

But what you can do is export both documents to LaTeX and then use latexdiff (from CTAN.org) to do what you're wanting to do. You won't see it in LyX, but your supervisor will thank you....

rh